Sales presentations have always depended on content and delivery. The new normal is requiring us to improve our abilities in both categories. This issue focuses primarily on delivery.
Are you impressed? Sales leaders and other executives are learning how effective their salespeople can be when working from home. At the same time, their customers are learning how effective buyers can be working from home.
The new normal is here – are your salespeople ready to improve their virtual/digital selling? Your salespeople are sharing best practices for working from home. Some of the ideas they have can be beneficial for your in-house ZOOM Room.
Are You Creating a New Sales Environment Inside Your Company?
Some of us have lived through other technological sales “evolutionary changes.”
- “Do you have a fax?”
- “What is your fax number?”
- ” What? you still use a fax?”
Using video conferencing is proving to be a trend, not merely a pandemic-based fad. Some day it will be passe; for now, we need to make it work for our customers better than the competition makes it work for them. Your physical video conferencing facility and how it is used can give your salespeople an edge.
Make the Most of Your ZOOM Room(s) – and All Virtual Presentations
- Use an existing office or conference room – may be available as a result of a WFH employee
- One large room and one smaller room when possible
- Have a professional background (plants, bookshelf, etc.)
- Do not try to use a virtual background
- CRITICAL: “Video loves light” is the mantra for videographers
- Eliminate shadows
- Allow for different skin tones
- Accommodate outside light sources (internal offices are better)
- Use a quality camera for 1 – 3 presenters
- Use multi-cameras when presenting with larger groups in the room
- A video mixer and operator will be needed
- Sophisticated systems like OWL (www.OwlLabs.com) are better
- Practice, practice, practice
- Continuously improve your content
- Continuously improve your delivery
- Evaluate the outcome of each call and change accordingly
Perfecting your virtual sales presentations is a smart way to recover from the pandemic but it will probably require redefining your processes, not just fine-tuning the familiar.
With customers buying in new and different ways, this is a perfect time to embrace Blended Selling – Selling the Way the Customer Wants to Buy. You can find an overview at www.EXselling.com and complete training at www.ChuckReaves.online.
For more than thirty years Chuck Reaves, CSP, CPAE, CSO has been developing forward-leaning sales processes, technologies and leadership principles to help organizations raise their prices and their volumes simultaneously.